Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Working Today to Get Better Tomorrow

Students,

Everyday, WE need to ask ourselves, "What am I doing today so that I am better tomorrow?"

Personally, I am reading and taking notes using Google Docs for a book titled Fair Isn't Always Equal which helps me better understand practices that I can implement into the classroom that will improve student achievement and confidence.  On a daily basis, I am collaborating with Ms. Banjoff and Mr. Hartwell.  We discuss: best practices, assessment creation, websites that can be infused into lessons, and how to increase the rigor in our different courses.

Enjoy the next few days off, but realize that you too can do something that will help ensure your success once we return to class on Monday the 28th.  On the blog, under Class Topic 11.22.11, there are suggestions.

EDM students, refresh your memories with some addition and subtraction of fractions with unlike denominators.

Pre-Algebra, look through Chapter Four in your Pre-Algebra textbook to help prepare for next Friday's Chapter Four Summative Assessment.  Watch the videos that I have posted that deal with scatter plots.  This is called "front loading", being introduced to a topic before it is presented in class.  Utilize these opportunities.

Take care,

Mr. Giomini


No comments:

Post a Comment