Monday, August 25, 2014

Class Topics: 08.25.14

In Common Core Math Six today, students revisited Lesson 1.2: Mean, Median, Mode, and Range by completing problems nine through eleven on page thirteen in the textbook.  Mr. Giomini introduced mean absolute deviation to the students and modeled the skill using problem nine from the textbook.

Which measure of center is most affected by including the outlier?  Explain.

Today's Learning Targets: The student will be able to...
  • recognize that a measure of center for a numerical data set summarizes all of the data with a single number, while a measure of variability describes how its values vary with a single number.
  • calculate the mean absolute deviation for a data set using its data values and mean.
For Evening Practice, the student is expected to...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr. Giomini it's Kara Kovachick! I just wanted to let you know that I miss you and your teaching and I hope that you and your students will have a fantastic year! I am in 8th grade now and I can't believe I am just 1 year away from being at the high school! Learwood is not as fun as Troy though! Anyway I would love to hear from you so please write back! Sincerely, Kara Kovachick

    ReplyDelete