Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Professional Day: 11.06.12

Students,

Today I am at the high school learning how to become a better teacher both by presenting to my colleagues with Ms. Banjoff and Mr. Hartwell and participating in workshops.  Remember, that both Math Six and Pre-Algebra will have assessments on Thursday, November 8th so be prepared.

If I am in Math Six, I am making sure that I CAN...

  1. evaluate expressions when given a value for a variable.
  2. translate word phrases into algebraic expressions.
  3. solving one and two-step equations and inequalities using inverse operations.
  4. graphing inequalities once I solve for the variable.
  5. combing like terms to simplify expressions.
  6. using the distributive property to simplify expressions
If I am in Pre-Algebra, I am making sure that I CAN...
  1. convert between fractions and decimals.
  2. add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions and decimals.
  3. solve equations and inequalities with rational numbers.  
  4. determine whether a number is a(n) real, whole, integer rational and irrational number.

1 comment: